Sad to say… Summer is over!
Turning A New Leaf With Home Generator Installation
Just like every year in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota, we experience the change of seasons. We create never-ending “To-Do” lists to make sure everything is in order before the big snowstorms, extremely cold temperatures, hail, and ice come along this winter. Thinking about home generator installation now is a smart thing “To-Do”!
First, you must consider the options for your area. Midwest Electric & Generator is the only PowerPro Premier dealer in the 5-state region. Providing Generator Sales, Installation, Service, Maintenance, and Generator Monitoring. Proudly serving all residential homeowners and commercial businesses throughout the Twin Cities, Metro, Northland, and surrounding areas of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. No job is too small or complex. Midwest generator technicians are highly experienced, factory-trained, and certified. Offering the perfect backup power solution for your home or business.
With a team of specialized generator experts, Midwest Electric & Generator offers FREE Estimates both virtually from your smart device or onsite, in-person. Your home generator installation is completed turnkey leaving you at ease knowing you are taken care of from start to finish. Easy and attractive financing options are available to take advantage of. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. You will feel confident in your decision to trust the experts at Midwest Electric & Generator.
4 Steps to Home Generator Installation
#1 Choose A Location
- Midwest Electric & Generator will help you pick the very best location for your generator unit during the FREE Estimate.
The location should meet these guidelines:
- A stable, well-drained area that will not be susceptible to flooding.
- Adequate space around the generator unit for service or maintenance.
- Abide by any homeowners association or community restrictions if applicable.
Space clearances to keep in mind:
- 18 inches (1.5 feet) from your house structure.
- 60 inches (5 feet) from any doors, windows, and fresh air intakes.
- 36 inches (3 feet) in front of the generator unit for room to service or maintain the generator.
**The closer the site is to a natural gas line and the electric meter, the more you will save on installation costs.**
#2 Home Generator Installation
- Prepare the location where the generator will sit.
- Depending on your landscape, choose between a gravel base, concrete pad, or an elevated pier system.
- The entire generator installation usually takes between 4 to 8 hours to complete.
#3 Natural Gas or Propane Fuel And Electrical Connection
- Midwest Electric & Generator will connect to your existing Natural Gas or Propane Tank.
- Additional propane tanks can be purchased and buried if desired!
- Automatic Standby Generators 9kW – 24kW are dual fuel and can easily switch over from one fuel source to another.
- A transfer switch will be installed next to the main breaker box or outside near the generator unit.
- This allows for all circuits you want to be supplied with backup power during an outage to transfer over to generator power.
- In less than 30-seconds, the transfer switch senses where the power is coming from and when to switch over to standby power.
#4 Test The System
- The Midwest Generator Technician will simulate a power outage to make sure everything works as designed.
- Your generator technician will program a weekly “self-test” to ensure the unit is in proper running order.
- For added peace-of-mind, your generator comes equipped with Wifi Remote Monitoring!
- Receive text and/or email messages on the status of your generator whenever and from wherever you are!
Home Generator Installation Before Winter!
Winter is coming sooner than we think! Cross another item off the “To-Do” list and book your FREE Estimate today.
Midwest Electric and Generator stands by its promise to provide only the best units, superior service, and a single location for all of your electrical needs. We’re with you from the day you choose your elite brand generator, through installation, to every service question you may have for the life of the generator. We specialize in safe electrical work that doesn’t disrupt your home or business and lasts for years to come. It’s just one of the reasons why so many clients recommend us to the most important people in their lives: friends and family. But don’t take our word for it, call us today and see for yourself why we’re the best in the industry.
With over 10,000 satisfied customers, check out what others have to say – Reviews matter!
Please contact us for further details and questions. We value the opportunity to earn your business and trust.
Local Generator Experts standing by!
Twin Cities 612-284-1550
LiveChat From Our Website @ www.MidwestGenerators.com